past events/India Pharma 2O16
An International Exhibition & Conference on the Pharmaceutical Industry was organised by Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India in association with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) from January 7 - 9, 2016 at Bangalore International Exhibition Center (BIEC), Bengaluru.
The event covered the whole process of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, from various kinds of Manufacturing / Processing machineries to Lab equipment, Analytical instruments, APIs and other total solutions.
The Event aimed to provide a platform to global investment community to connect with stakeholders in Pharma sector in India, Central & State Governments, leading business leaders and top executives from the industry, academics and experts from the world.
- Participation of 147 companies in the exhibition
- DIPP Pavilion showcasing 'Make in India' Campaign
- Karnataka Udyog Mitra participating as Host State
- Participation of Government of Telangana as Partner State
- Buyer Seller Meet organized by Pharmexcil & EEPC
INDIA PHARMA 2016 - An International Exhibition Conference on Pharmaceutical Industry, was inaugurated by Shri Ananth Kumar, Hon'ble Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers in the presence of Guest of Honour Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir, Hon'ble Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India, Shri R V Deshpande, Hon'ble Minister of Industries, Govt. of Karnataka, Shri U T Khader, Hon'ble Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Karnataka, Dr. Sharan Prakash Rudrappa Patil, Hon'ble Minister for Medical Education, Govt. of Karnataka, Dr. V K Subburaj, Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals and Senior Officials from Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and Officials from the Government of Karnataka.
The event was inaugurated in the presence of over 600 Delegates including 60 CEOs from the top 100 Pharmaceutical & Medical Device companies from India and abroad, over 50 Senior Officials of Foreign Embassies / Consulates in India and over 60 International Hosted Delegates.
Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council (Pharmexcil)
A Reverse Buyer Seller Meet was organised by Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council during the India Pharma 2016.
Buyers from Bangladesh, Cambodia, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Kyrgyz, Moldova, Vietnam, Iraq, Afganistan, Korea, Nepal were invited to interact with the Pharmaceutical companies participating at the event.
Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC)
Engineering Export Promotion Council also organised the Reverse Buyer Seller Meet for the companies taking part in India Pharma 2016.
Buyers from Bhutan, Tunisia, Belarus, Myanmar, Malavi were invited for the Pharmaceutical Machinery Manufacturers and Medical Device companies participating at the event.
Apart from the above mentioned Buyer Seller meets, the event witnessed visitors from various countries like Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, UAE, Malawi, Jordan, Zambia, USA & China.
The CEOs Roundtable was chaired by Shri Ananth Kumar, Hon'ble Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India and Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir, Hon'ble Minister of State, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India in the august presence of Dr. V K Subburaj, Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India.
The Forum discussed various challenges faced by the Pharma Industry in India in the present scenario & came up with many bright ideas for the growth & development for the same.
- Total Number of Speakers: 34
- Total Number of Delegates: 150
- To provide a platform for Informative & Interactive Sessions with prime movers of the Pharma sector across various spheres like Government, Policy Makers, Industry Leaders, Academia, Potential investors, etc.
- To Focus on Networking opportunities for exchanging ideas leading to future business alliances.
- Theme Session: Make in India - Achievements and Way Forward
- Strengthening Global Relevance of Indian Pharmaceuticals
- Nurturing Quality and Compliance
- India - The Next R&D and Innovation Destination
- Data Integrity Challenges & Solutions
- Investor Conclave