past events/ADIPEC 2O15
The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, and Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India in partnership with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry organized the Make in India Show & Pavilion concurrent to ADIPEC 2015 from November 09 to 12, 2015, under the ‘Make in India initiative’ launched globally in September 2014 by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
The Make in India pavilion, showcased the “Make in India “ theme and India as an investment destination. Inter alia, the Roundtable and B2Bs held on November 09 and Nov 10 – 12, respectively, focused on:
- Making India’s presence resoundingly felt at the global level by amplifying the core message of ‘Make in India’
- Position India as an investment destination across the hydrocarbons value chain
- Showcase & promote domestic manufacturing of various equipment used in the Petroleum and Natural Gas sector, under the Make in India initiative
- Collaborate and partner with global industry experts that have achieved a level of excellence in the field of technological innovation and invest in various segments of the hydrocarbon sector.
- Actively pursue investors’ facilitation activities through Investor’s Roundtables, B2Bs and Exhibition and MOUs
Some of the imminent dignitaries who contributed significantly to the deliberations during the Roundtable on Unleashing Investment Potential and Building Opportunities & Partnerships for Domestic Hydrocarbons Sector, included H.E. T. P. Seetharam, Ambassador of India to the UAE, Mr. Talmiz Ahmad, Honorary Advisor for the Gulf, FICCI and Former Indian ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Oman and the UAE, Mr. Shashi Shanker, Director - Technical & Field Services, ONGC , Mr. Sudhakar Mahapatra, Director – Exploration, Oil India Ltd, Mr. Ashish Bhandari, CEO – Oil & Gas, GE India , Mr. Prashant Modi, Managing Director& CEO, Great Eastern Energy Corporation Ltd., Mr. Niraj Sethi, Executive Director - Corporate Strategy, Engineers India Ltd., Mr. Deepak Munganahalli, Chairman, OMRO Services DMCC, Dubai, UAE, Mr. David Mullen, Chief Executive Officer, Shelf Drilling, Dubai, UAE and Mr Amit Khera, Partner, McKinsey & Company Inc.More than 60 members from the Oil and Gas industry, including ADNOC, BP Group, China Petroleum Pipeline, Crescent Petroleum, Gulf Petroleum, IHS, Indian Business / Professional Group, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Lloyds Register, Oman Expo, Techmark International, UAE Freezones participated in the Roundtable.
- Companies are looking for Partners for doing business in India
- Process of making an entry in India for doing business
- Information on Labour availability and laws pertaining to it
- Looking to be supply partner of Technology and material to ONGC
- Ways to expand in India
- Technical training and skill development in India ( a formal proposal was sent to DIPP in this regards)
- How to be a technical partner in India with respect to exploration, uses and distribution of Hydrocarbons.