3 Years agoThe world’s biggest investment promotion event for smart urban solutions.
Smart Cities Expo World Congress 15th - 17th November’ 2016, Barcelona Spain is the leading international event for the smart urban solutions industry. Themed on Urban Innovations and Sustainable and Efficient City Development, SCEWC has gained importance over the years, establishing itself as the biggest platform of networking for investment promotion. The 2015 edition of SCEWC had 14,288 attendees, 485 exhibitors, 421 speakers, and technical and political representatives from 568 cities in 105 countries. Major countries participating in the fair included the US, China, Dubai, United States, Korea, France, Singapore, India, Israel and Japan. Considering its importance in the sector, the Government of India is participating in the Expo through its Make in India Pavilion.
Aimed at making India a global design and manufacturing hub, the Make in India campaign was launched in September 2014. It serves as a platform for investors to understand and enter the Indian market.
The Smart Cities Mission, announced in June 2015, is nascent and has majorly unexplored market opportunities that can be promoted globally through our presence in important sectoral forums and national and international shows that host the who’s who of the industry.
SCEWC is a globally established event for Smart Cities. It has been identified by the Government of India as a platform to attract investment under the Make in India campaign into the Indian market and to support the Smart Cities initiative with the cooperation of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
Make in India Pavilion at SCEWC
Under the Make in India Pavilion, various parallel programmes may take place.
The Union Minister of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, GoI will make a presentation illustrating India’s Smart City projects and the investment opportunities herein.
An Investors Roundtable may be organized between the identified investors, Indian companies and the Cities shortlisted under the Smart Cities initiative. DIPP and the Indian Embassy will be a part of the programme.
A State Forum for the selected States under Smart Cities Mission may be arranged to showcase ease of doing business in their States and the unexplored potential therein.
B2B Meetings may be organized between participating Indian representatives/ companies/States/ DIPP/Invest India and their foreign counterparts. G2B meetings may be organized to evaluate the expectations of international investors and industry.
To register for any B2B or B2G meetings, please contact the organizing team.
List of speakers
- Sri M Venkaiah Naidu, Minister, Ministry of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Sri Rajiv Gauba, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development
- Sri Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary, DIPP
- Mr. Vivek Aggarwal, Mission Director, Madhya Pradesh
- Mr. Manjit Singh, Mission Director, Rajasthan
- Mr. Manisha Patankar Mhaiskar, Mission Director, Maharashtra
- Dr. S Murali Krishna, Mission Director, Gujarat
- Sri Satya Prakash Tucker, Mission Director, Andhra Pradesh
- Mr. A Shanker, President, Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Mr. Ravi Pandit, Chairman & Managing Director, KPIT Technologies
- Mr. Harsh Vardhan Patodia, Chairman & Managing Director, Unimark Group
- Mr. R Srinivasan, Business Unit, Head & VP - Smart World & Communications Business Unit, Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Mr. Hemant Kanoria, Chairman & Managing Director, Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited
- Mr. Praveer Sinha, CEO & ED, Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd.
- Dr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group
- Mr. Anand Mahindra, Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra and Mahindra
- Mr. Shapoorji P Mistry, Chairman, Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
- Mr. Cyrus P Mistry, Chairman, Tata Group
- Mr. Atul Punj, Chairman and Managing Director, Punj Lloyd Ltd.
- Mr. Anoop Kumar Mittal, Chairman and Managing Director, NBCC Ltd.
- Mr. Saurabh Kumar, Managing Director, Energy Efficiency Services Ltd.
- Mr. Ajai Mathur, MD & CEO, Urban Mass Transit Company Ltd.
- Mr. Rajesh C Mathur, Adviser, NIIT-GIS Ltd
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Federation House, 1, Tansen Marg, New Delhi - 110001, India
Phone Direct Lines: + 91-11- 23487519, 23487331, 23487394, 23487272
Fax No: +91-11-23765333