Ritu Beri endorsed PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India Week' with The Global Design and Innovation Session on 15th February 2016 in Mumbai.
Ritu Beri’s Non-Profit global foundation, The Luxury League, established to promote & market Indian Luxury and initiate the concept of Branding India Globally.More(+)
A global ambassador for Indian culture and development, The Luxury League was proud to organize ‘The Global Design &Innovation Session 2016’ which was held on the 15th of February 2016 as part of the Prime Minister's 'Make in India Week' (February 13-18, 2016), in Mumbai.
The main goal of The Luxury League is to promote dynamism, creativity and innovation in the luxury industry. It aims at creating a consortium internationally by targeting decision makers, luxury brands influential personalities and designers.
The Global Design & Innovation Session 2016 was an attempt to create an appreciative and encouraging environment of Indian quality, skill and creativity amongst world players. The idea was to create a global movement by recognizing outstanding talent from all sections of the industry.
TLL founder, Ritu Beri says, "Our aim at The Luxury League is to be a rallying point for those who believe that strengthening commercial ties amongst nations is not only important for business, but good for global living standards and for peace."
The event was inaugurated by the Union Minister for Commerce Nirmala Sitaramaman & Minister of Power Piyush Goyal.
The speakers at the event are prominent global personalities, creative thinkers, corporate heads and coveted members of the Indian bureaucracy & politics from India & Abroad like , Amitabh Kant, Francis Kurkdjian, Chantal Thomass, Patrick Thomas, NK Singh, Shashi Tharoor, Malavika Sangghvi, Suhel Seth, Manish Arora and Vogue India’s Bandana Tewari, along with founders of Global brands like Hermes, Swarovski, L’Oreal, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Armani and Van Cleef and Arpels who discussed the theory of luxury evolution.
Delegates were senior sector executives, corporate decision-makers and financiers from around the world including chairmen, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, CMOs, Presidents and Managing Directors from fashion, retail, jewellery, motor, property, shopping malls, luxury hotels and private banking amongst others.
There were important associations for The Luxury League Event like the Ministry of Textiles, Ministry of Tourism, Vogue magazine, The Confederation of Indian industries, Ministry of Commerce, Fashion Design Council of India, SRC Aviation,Taj Hotel & resorts & The India Brand Equity Foundation.
Yes Bank was the principal sponsor & JW Mariott Mumbai Sahar the Hospitality partner.
- MC for the session- Ms Pernia Qureshi
- “My desire is to open the Indian doors to Luxury Brands from various counters and to strengthen the voice of India Abroad.”- Ritu Beri Founder of The Luxury League
- “Our fashion industry is a dynamic one which brings new things on boards so far fashion has been away from government trajectory. But now the ministry is actively engaged in promoting fashion in the country.”- Nirmala Sitharaman-Commerce Minister- Inaugurating the session.
- Amitabh Kant -Secretary DIPP address at Make In India Week, The Global Design And Innovation Session - “Our aim is not only to make in India but also to innovate and design in India.”
- Nirmala Sitharaman-Commerce Minister & Ritu Beri- Founder of The Luxury League
- Former CEO Hermes - Patrick Thomas on how should India build a global iconic brand out of itself across the world
- “We solemnly believe the Yes Institute (Think Tank) is divided by DICE. D-Design,I-Innovation lead, C-Creative, E-Entrepreneurship lends to making the Brand”- President and Country Head of YES BANK- Karan Ahluwalia
- Make In India Week, The Global Design and Innovation Session - Let’s make the luxury movement of India an international force to reckoned with!
- Suhel Seth and panelists Ravi Capoor-CEO IBFF, Shashi Tharoor-Indian Politican & Sunil Alagh-Founder And Chairman, SKA Adviosrs INDIA
- “We have the advantage of rich heritage; we are in this business hundred years in the world today.”- Chinmai Sharma-Chief Revenue Officer Taj Group
- Suhel Seth and panelist Amitabh Kant -Secretary DIPP address at Make In India Week, The Global Design And Innovation Session.
- Moderator, Bandana Tewari at The Global Design and Innovation Session for the branding session.
- Suhel Seth calls upon the panelists on the stage for the branding session at The Global Design and Innovation Session
- The Branding Session panelists Stephane Parmentier-Artistic Director, Christofle Paris & Malavika Sangghvi, Co-Founder Sanguine
- Glorifying the session
- Radha Kapoor-Founder and Director ,Indian school of design and Innovation says before we Make In India ,we need to design in India.
- “Passion is what is in India.” says Mia Lundstrom-Global Creative Director,Ikea at The Branding session
- French Fashion Journalist Antigone Schilling & Contemporary Perfumer Francis Kurkdjian with Ritu Beri- Founder of The Luxury League
- The panel discussion on the theory of Luxury evolution: the luxury tree & the missing link.
- Designer Chantal Thomass with Actress Vidya Balan
- Panelist of the Branding session stepping off the stage after a successful panel discussion
- H.E. Mr.Francois Richier-French Ambassador says India is already a brand but not International as yet, it will take some time. The biggest challenge is to maintain the quality and reputation, it’s not only hard work but imagination and design that sets the Brand.