3FIVE PILLARS OF SELF-RELIANT INDIA
- In his address to the nation, Hon’ble PM Narendra Modi outlined the following five pillars for building a self-reliant India: 1
- Economy - which brings in quantum jump and not incremental change. The government’s goal is to make India a USD 5 Tn economy by 2025. 2
- Infrastructure - which will become India’s new identity. To achieve the target of a USD 5 Tn economy, more than INR 100 lakh crore will be invested in infrastructure development in India over the next five years. 3
- Systems - based on 21st century technology driven arrangements.
- Vibrant Demography - which will prove to be a competitive advantage for a self-reliant India.
- Demand - utilized to its full capacity.
Sources: 1, 2, 3